Monday, October 4, 2010

The ceremony of 12

I was so excited about the ceremony of twelve, I was finally an adult. I was so nervous we went threw all the ceremonies, one, two, three, four , five etc. Now finally our group had taken place in the front row changing with the elevens. We were arranged by our birth numbers, Our birth number were rarely used after our naming but each child knew there birth number. I was born the 19th child born this year. But technically my number is eleven-nineteen because there were other nine teens in other age groups. There was another girl who was the same number as me but that doesn't matter because I was going to be twelve and I would be an adult and age would not matter.
The ceremony had begun. The chief elder of the community who was elected each year. The chief elder started the speech, and afterwards she started calling out the numbers and giving them there assignments. After a while Asher was called and than Fiona, I thought it was my turn but than I heard the name Piere, and he was after me, I was skipped! I felt so alone and embarrassed I just wanted to disappear. The Chief elder apologized to me and the community and asked me to come on stage, I felt nervous from the inside. She said that I have been selected, but i didn't know what she meant. Than she said,''Jonas has been selected to be our next receiver of memory''. But I still didn't understand, Than I listened to the chief elder with unease and was listening to what she had to say. After the ceremony everyone was looking at me and I felt very uncomfortable.

1 comment:

  1. Some people think that the truth can be hidden with a little cover-up and decoration. But as time goes by, what is true is revealed, and what is fake fades away. See the link below for more info.

    #away
    www.matreyastudios.com

    ReplyDelete