Monday, October 4, 2010

The release

I went to the annex and told the giver that my father was going to release a twin the one who is heavier will stay and the other one will be released. So I asked If I could watch it but than I remembered that it was this morning so it was already over. The giver told me that I could till watch it the morning release, he told me that I had access to anything. I was very excited because I have never seen a release in my life. So the receiver turned the box to on and asked if he could see the morning release and than the person said yes. I watched the screen as it turned from blank to the morning release. I saw his father measuring the two weight the one that was the heaviest went with the nurse and was brought to the center the other one stayed with my father. He was comforting the baby like he told me, he used the voice that he alway uses on Gabriel. Than my father took a needle and was gentle inserting it in the newborn head. I was wondering why he was putting it in his head.  I continued to watch the new child, no longer crying, moved his arms and legs in a jerking motion. Then he went limp. His head to the side, his eyes half open. Than he was still.
I remembered the gesture,posture and expression from some were. My father started cleaning up the things and putting the baby on a piece of carton and took it into another room and opened a little door and threw it inside. It looked the same sort of chute into which trash was deposited at school. I couldn't believe my eyes my father just killed a baby! He lied to me I could never look him in his eyes the way I used to. I couldn't go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment